The Benefits of investing in a good Vitamin C Serum for your skin are widely documented in many clinical studies. But getting your hands on the correct type of Vitamin C Serum is key to achieving the results you desire and keeping them.
Are you looking for the ultimate clarity and glow for your skin? These are the benefits of using the correct C serum.
- Reduced Pigmentation
- Direct action on the melanin cells reducing melanin production
- Reduced Melasma
- Reduced Poikiloderma Of Civatte
- Aids in reducing the effects of Rosacea due the strengthening of visible capillaries that cause redness
- Creates new Collagen + Elastin through heating the deep layers of the skin – this causes injury which in turn creates new ground substance
- Strengthens Blood Vessels – making capillaries less visible on your face
- Helps increase cell turnover when used in conjunction with Retinol
- Antioxidant that balances damaging free radicals that can cause cell mutation leading to skin cancers
L – Ascorbic Acid is the most effective and potent form of vitamin C for absorption through the skin. It is difficult to stabilise in a formulation which is why it is more effectively absorbed into the skin when it is encapsulated with in a formula. L Ascorbic Acid must have a pH of 3.5 or under to have an affect on the skin and it must be delivered in a 20% minimum dose to ellict change in the skin. Anything under that is fairly inaffective.
All this science may be confusing and confronting but at the end of the day, if you aren’t aware of the formula you are using, you are throwing your money away.
Preventing air and sunlight from the formula is vital too. Encapsulating the active C is one of three main elements of the process of retaining efficacy. Encapsualtion protects the C from being broken down by the remaining compounds in the formula.The other two main damaging elements to the formula are exposing it to the sun – UV and air – O2 causing major breakdown. It is best to make sure your formula is in an opaque bottle so UV light cannot penetrate the formula or cause heat breakdown (store out of the sun always). And avoid opening the formula and exposing it to oxygen, as this will cause breakdown through oxidation.
If you can impliment all of these factors into your know how when choosing the ultimate Vitamin C Serum you will never go wrong with your choice of serum.